Meridian is growing and we are excited to add a full-time, permanent Safety Officer to our team.
This position will be housed at our main office in the stunning Nexus Building in downtown Saskatoon.
Meridian is a real estate developer and a multi-award winning residential and commercial construction company that designs and creates beautiful spaces. Our projects incorporate modern and unique architectural features and sustainable building practices with careful attention to detail. A Meridian project checks all the boxes for comfort, style, luxury, efficiency, and sustainability.
The Role’s Purpose
The purpose of the Safety Officer is to ensure safety measures are in place so that all workers get home
safe every night.
What You’ll Do
- Promote Meridian’s value of safety and ensure all employees and subcontractors are mindful of the safety of all workers and feel comfortable reporting any concerns
- Ensure all safety documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure workers have appropriate safety training prior to conducting tasks
- Ensure all workers are compliant with Meridian’s safety program and COR certification
- Ensure weekly safety meetings take place and that meaningful discussions about safety are had
- Ensure hazard assessments take place as required and are signed accordingly
- Ensure every worker goes home safe at the end of each shift
- Ensure Meridian’s safety expectations are clear to all workers
- Provide training on safety procedures
- Complete daily logs
- Set and run effective site safety meetings as required
- Attend and participate in Project Manager meetings
What We’re Looking For
Integrity Promotes and applies a high set of ethical and moral principles within Meridian.
Respect Sets and example of and instills the value of respect in all interactions.
Creativity Approaches complex situations with outside-the-box thinking.
Innovation Cultivates innovative thinking and empowers others to question and challenge the why and the how of the way things are done.
Financial Stewardship Instills the value of financial stewardship into all staff to empower them to be cognizant of where dollars are being minded.
Attention to Detail Defines standards that outline the expectation of the quality of work.
Safety Develops a culture of safety within Meridian.
Commitment Sets an example of work ethic and remains true to commitments.
Problem-Solving Effectively identifies potential problems before they arise and acts to solve them in the early stages.
Strategic Thinking Takes immediate action to mitigate long-term risks.
Critical Thinking Anticipates and mitigates potential ramifications that current actions have on future events.
Decision Making Integrates Meridian’s mission, vision and values when making decisions.
Interpersonal Relations Models a range of leadership styles and can adapt to the situation.
Accountability Develops a culture where everyone has the courage and understanding to hold each other accountable.
Relationships Builds a culture of collaboration and cooperative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Conflict Sets a culture that encourages people to remain curious and seek to understand the root cause of conflict.
Change Challenges others to embrace organizational change and accounts for the human side of change.
What You’ll Need
- Journeyperson in a construction-related trade
- Minimum 10 years’ experience on multi-family or large commercial projects
- Proven experience leading safe and productive construction sites
- Experience with power mobile equipment
- Safety Officer Designation
Perks for Working with Meridian
- Being part of projects that make our community a better place
- Involvement in community initiatives
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Health spending account (which can be used for your pets!)
- Supplemented parking allowance
If you feel that you would be a fit with Meridian and this role, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com by February 28, 2020.
We thank you for your interest in joining our team. Please note that only those interviewed will be contacted.