HEALTH & SAFETY COORDINATOR
We are seeking an individual passionate about safety and experienced in health and safety management within the construction industry to join us as our Health & Safety Coordinator.
The successful candidate will foster a culture of health and safety at Meridian's construction sites and ensure every worker returns home safely at the end of each day.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will ensure health and safety expectations are being met by workers and maintain compliance by all with our Safety Management Program and OH&S regulations. You will ensure Meridian maintains COR certification, setting a high standard of safety throughout the organization.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensure workers abide by safety protocols at all times
- Identify, control and eliminate hazards on site
- Conduct safety orientations, meetings and inspections
- Investigate and report on all incidents
- Obtain and audit safety forms from all workers
- Complete safety reports daily/weekly
- Ensure proper safety training/certification of workers
- Create safe work practices and procedures
- Set up and maintain Occupational Health Committee
How You’ll Succeed
- You are passionate about safety and make it your mission to ensure everyone returns home safely at the end of each day
- You have clear communication skills and are able to positively influence others to adopt safe working habits
- You are highly organized with strong time management skills
- You take initiative in anticipating hazards before they happen and find solutions to control or eliminate them
- You have an aptitude for using computers
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Minimum OFA Level 2 and willing to obtain Level 3
- NCSO designation or equivalent
- Proven experience leading safety on construction sites of 80+ workers
- Thorough knowledge of OH&S Regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with workers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Salus and Procore an asset
- Experience with power mobile equipment an asset
Perks of Working with Us
- Be part of a collaborative team that values creativity and provides opportunities for career growth
- Contribute to projects that make our community a better place
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including a health spending account
- Be involved in community initiatives
This position will be located on our site in Kelowna, BC.
How to Apply
If you are looking for a career where you can grow your skills and make an impact, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining salary expectations and how you’ll contribute to the team.