Meridian is currently looking to add a full-time, permanent Accounting Clerk to our team. If you are detail oriented, a great communicator and have previous experience in an accounting role, we invite you to forward us your resume for consideration.
Who We Are
Meridian is a real estate developer and multi-award winning residential and commercial construction company that designs and creates beautiful spaces. Our projects incorporate modern and unique architectural features and sustainable building practices with careful attention to detail. A Meridian project checks all the boxes for comfort, style, luxury, efficiency and sustainability.
The purpose of the Accounting Clerk is to provide support to the Accounting and Projects teams to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting that is integral for business decisions.
What You’ll Be Doing
In all tasks you will maintain the utmost level of confidentiality both internally and externally within the company.
Your key areas of responsibility will be:
• Perform accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
• Assist in job costing and related budget reports
• Process bi-weekly payroll and related tasks in an accurate and timely manner
• Inventory reconciliation of company tools and equipment
• Other accounting duties and month end tasks as required
How You’ll Succeed
You have a good understanding of accounting principles and legislation requirements for SK and BC. You possess strong attention to detail, an ability to analyze and reconcile data, and are able to meet critical timelines. You demonstrate professionalism and are able to communicate effectively with others, maintaining good interpersonal and external relationships. You take initiative in identifying issues and find solutions that align with Meridian’s core values. You perform your work in accordance with company policies and procedures.
What You’ll Need
• Certificate or diploma in Business Accounting
• Minimum 1 year previous experience in an accounting position
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with Sage accounting software is an asset
• Experience with Payworks software and benefits administration are an asset
• Fluent in written and verbal English
• Strong organizational and communication skills
Perks of Working with Us
• Become part of a collaborative team where creativity is valued and you are empowered to grow in your career
• Contribute to projects that make our community a better place
• Receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including a health spending account
• Take advantage of a supplemented parking allowance
• Be involved in community initiatives
• This position is based in the stunning Nexus Building in downtown Saskatoon
How to Apply
If you are looking for a career where you can grow your skills and make an impact, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining salary expectations and how you’ll contribute to the team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.