We are seeking an experienced and highly capable leader to join our team as Pre-Construction Manager. This role is essential in bringing Meridian’s innovations to life, and requires a forward-thinking individual with passion for the construction industry and experience in all stages of construction.
As a Pre-Construction Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of the development of new projects, including pre-construction planning, design, preliminary budgeting, and facilitating development and construction-related permits. With a firm grasp of the project vision, you will oversee design development and manage the consultants to produce drawings on schedule, ensuring accurate detailed drawings are provided to the project and construction teams on time for construction.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assist with the analysis of potential new projects to determine their feasibility
- Review all drawings throughout the design process to ensure they meet project and company objectives
- Manage consultant team throughout the design phase, ensuring final construction drawings are detailed and completed on time
- Ensure zoning analysis is complete and identify any zoning variances or areas of non-compliance
- Ensure all relevant permits are in place (development, building, demolition)
- Representing Meridian as the main point of contact with municipalities within which projects are located
- Coordinate preparation and submission of applications for development permits, building permits, re-zoning, etc.
- Obtain proposals from design consultants and lead the selection process
- Assist with the development of high-level budgets during the design process
- Create the design schedule and ensure all major milestones are met
- Seek out and source innovative design features, products, concepts, and alternative construction materials and methods
- Evaluate the feasibility of new materials and methods for quality and cost-effectiveness
- Mentor junior staff who may assist in the new project design/planning phase
- Travel will be required
How You’ll Succeed
You have a deep-seated passion for design and knowledge of construction processes. You can lead a team of consultants and external partners toward a design goal, challenge the status quo, and empower yourself and others to think outside the box. You identify problems before they happen and find solutions that keep development projects moving towards construction.
What You’ll Need
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Engineering or Architecture or equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of building codes
- Proven experience managing new development projects, including working with consultant teams and municipal officials
- Experience in commercial and multi-family residential construction
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and external parties
Perks of Working with Meridian
- Be part of a collaborative team that values creativity and provides opportunities for career growth
- Contribute to projects that make our community a better place
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including a health spending account
- Take advantage of a supplemented parking allowance
How to Apply
If you are looking for a career where you can grow your skills and make an impact, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining salary expectations and how you’ll contribute to the team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $95,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Work Location: In person