We are continually taking on new and distinctive projects and are on the lookout for an extraordinary leader who desires an essential role in being a part of the team bringing Meridian’s innovations to life.
If you are safety minded, passionate about the construction industry and experienced in safety management, we invite you to forward us your resume for consideration as Safety Officer.
Who We Are
Meridian is a real estate developer and multi-award winning residential and commercial construction company that designs and creates beautiful spaces. Our projects incorporate modern and unique architectural features and sustainable building practices with careful attention to detail. A Meridian project checks all the boxes for comfort, style, luxury, efficiency and sustainability.
You will foster a culture of safety at all of Meridian's construction sites and ensure every worker returns home safely at the end of each day.
What You’ll Be Doing
In managing Meridian's safety program, you will ensure safety expectations are met by workers and maintain compliance by all with our Safety Management Program and OH&S regulations. You will ensure Meridian maintains COR certification and lead a high standard of safety within the organization.
How You’ll Succeed
You have a passion for safety and the construction industry. You have the ability to lead others and communicate clearly as you foster a safety culture within our organization. You take initiative in identifying problems before they happen and find and implement solutions to maintain the highest standard of safety at all times. You have a strong attention to detail.
What You’ll Need
- Proven experience leading safe construction sites
- Safety Officer designation
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Strong knowledge of the construction industry including recent commercial construction experience (within the last 1-5 years)
- Thorough knowledge of OH&S Regulations
- Previous hands-on experience in the construction industry
- A Journeyman designation is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and construction software
- Experience with power mobile equipment an asset
Perks of Working with Us
- Become part of a team where growth and creativity are valued and you are empowered to build your career
- Contribute to projects that make our community a better place
- Be involved in community initiatives
- Receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including a health spending account
- This position is based in the stunning Nexus Building in downtown Saskatoon
How to Apply
If you are looking for a career where you can grow your skills and make an impact, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining salary expectations and how you’ll contribute to the team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.