Meridian is currently seeking a dynamic, skilled and ambitious individual to join our accounting team as a Senior Accountant.
Who We Are
Meridian is a real estate developer and multi-award winning residential and commercial construction company that designs and creates beautiful spaces. Our projects incorporate modern and unique architectural features and sustainable building practices with careful attention to detail. A Meridian project checks all the boxes for comfort, style, luxury, efficiency and sustainability.
What You’ll Be Doing
Reporting directly to the Controller, this position will oversee the accounts payable function by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices and related documentation, and compiling monthly reporting packages for lenders or other stakeholders as required. In all tasks you will maintain the utmost level of confidentiality of the company and its stakeholders both internally and externally.
Your key areas of responsibility will be:
- Accurately record expenses to project cost codes
- Resolve contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Verify documentation from subtrades
- Schedule and prepare cheques for suppliers
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements
- Prepare monthly draw packages and budget variance reports for various projects
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Tax compliance and reporting (GST, PST, etc.)
- Process payroll and cost allocations
- Administer employee benefit plans
How You’ll Succeed
You have a good understanding of accounting principles and legislation requirements for SK and BC. You possess strong attention to detail, an ability to analyze and reconcile data, and are able to meet critical timelines. You demonstrate professionalism and are able to communicate effectively with others, maintaining good interpersonal and external relationships. You take initiative in identifying issues and find solutions that align with Meridian’s core values. You perform your work in accordance with company policies and procedures.
What You’ll Need
- Accounting degree or equivalent certification; working towards CPA designation is an asset
- 5-7 years of related accounting/financial experience
- Experience in the construction industry is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Detail oriented with an exceptional degree of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Dependable, punctual, and reliable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Sage accounting software is an asset
- Experience with Payworks software and benefits administration are an asset
Perks of Working with Us
- Become part of a collaborative team where creativity is valued and you are empowered to grow in your career
- Contribute to projects that make our community a better place
- Receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including a health spending account
- Take advantage of a supplemented parking allowance
- Be involved in community initiatives
- This position is based in the stunning Nexus Building in downtown Saskatoon
How to Apply
If you are looking for a career where you can grow your skills and make an impact, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining salary expectations and how you’ll contribute to the team to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.