We are continually taking on new and distinctive projects and are always on the lookout for extraordinary leaders who desire an essential role in bringing Meridian’s innovations to life.
If you are forward-thinking, passionate about the construction industry and experienced in management of large construction sites, we invite you to forward us your resume for consideration as Senior Superintendent.
The purpose the Senior Superintendent is to bring drawings to life and problem solve the details while fostering teamwork and productivity in the execution of unique construction projects. As a senior superintendent, you will play an essential role in keeping construction of projects on schedule and within budget.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Senior Superintendent you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day site operations of projects ensuring they are built to Meridian’s standard of quality and are completed on time and on budget. You will conduct daily reporting on the status of projects and site conditions and attend weekly trade and management meetings to maintain continual communication and expectations with all involved in the project. Further, you will be responsible for managing Meridian’s safety program to ensure the highest of safety standards are maintained at all times.
Key areas of responsibility:
- oversight of site safety
- maintain quality control
- budget management
- ensure project schedule is adhered through management of workflow, subcontractors and manpower
- provide leadership and direction to employees
- management of all materials, tools and equipment
- relationship building with external parties including clients, consultants and inspectors
- manage site cleanliness and site security
How You’ll Succeed
- You have a deep-seated passion for the construction industry
- You have the ability to lead your team and external partners with a strong sense of values and clear communication as you work towards a common goal
- You work effectively in close communication with project managers and senior management
- You have a strong attention to detail and quality
- You are highly organized with strong time management skills
- You are comfortable and decisive in difficult situations
- You take initiative in identifying problems before they happen and find solutions that keep projects on schedule and under budget
What You’ll Need
- Journeyperson designation in a construction trade, Bachelor of Commerce degree, or a combination of related experience
- Minimum 15 years of experience on multi-family or large commercial projects
- Extensive concrete experience
- Exposure to shotcrete and blasting a definite asset
- Proven experience leading safe and productive construction sites of 75+ trade workers
- Strong understanding of the construction trades and the sequencing of construction projects
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build
- and maintain positive relationships with employees and stakeholders
- Comprehensive knowledge of the construction process, drawings, specifications, schedules, budgets and project management
- Thorough understanding of building code requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Bluebeam and Procore an asset
- Structural wood framing experience an asset
- Willing to work weekends to maintain construction schedule
- Experience working on sites with power mobile equipment and tower crane
Perks of Working with Meridian
- Become part of a collaborative team where creativity is valued and you are empowered to grow in your career
- Contribute to projects that make our communities a better place
- Receive a comprehensive benefits package including a health spending account
- Take part in team building activities
This position is located in Kelowna, BC.
How to Apply
If you are looking for a career where you can grow your skills and make an impact, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining salary expectations and how you’ll contribute to the team.